The Proust Questionnaire
A day off from work with no obligations and no plans to make or keep.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Being forgotten. And slugs.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My complete inability to go with the flow without first kicking and screaming.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
5. Which living person do you most admire?
There is not just one person. I most admire the selfless individuals who sacrifice their livelihood for the
6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Probably the sheer amount of money I spend on entertainment. I could likely have secured a down
payment for a house by now.
7. What is your current state of mind?
A bit frantic but in a repetitive, organized way. Think hamster in a wheel.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
9. On what occasion do you lie?
When it will literally have no real consequences for anyone.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
I ain't a beauty but hey, I'm alright. And that's alright with me.
11. Which living person do you most despise?
I can't think of anyone in particular.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
A sense of humor and attention to detail
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
A sense of humor and attention to detail.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
16. When and where were you happiest?
The years I turned 5 and 30, respectively were pretty great.
17. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would love to be able to play the banjo.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would be a lot less shy. I have missed out on a lot of opportunities due to nothing but shyness.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Is it wrong to say that I always feel my greatest achievements are yet to come?
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
A beloved, spoiled, well cared for house cat.
21. Where would you most like to live?
In a big city, surrounded by friends and family.
22. What is your most treasured possession?
Can my pets qualify as possession? I adore my cats.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Being broke and forgotten.
24. What is your favorite occupation?
Reading, writing and film watching.
25. What is your most marked characteristic?
Unrelenting pessimism for myself; unbridled optimism for everyone else
26. What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty and honesty, especially when it hurts.
27. Who are your favorite writers?
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Junot Diaz, Tim O'Brien, Sherman Alexie, Frank O'Hara, John Irving, Thomas
Hardy, Anne Sexton, Shakespeare
28. Who is your hero of fiction?
Nick Carraway and Elinor Dashwood
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Jane Austen, that cranky old spinster.
30. Who are your heroes in real life?
My mother, my siblings, my grandparents
31. What are your favorite names?
Gabriel, Paul, Oona, Zelda, Zinnia
32. What is it that you most dislike?
Slugs. And mayonnaise.
33. What is your greatest regret?
That time I didn't speak up. Also, that time I did speak up.
34. How would you like to die?
Quickly, after having said something witty.
35. What is your motto?
Hope for the best, expect the worst.
Ooh baby, I love your way.ReplyDelete